I love the fact that over the past few years people have thrown caution to the wind and included white in their post Labour day wardrobe. From winter white denim to cream coloured suits – I love it all. White is such a clean and flattering colour, and while it makes it extra challenging for klutzes like me to maintain a tidy appearance all day long I still love to rock it.
Unless you have been living under a rock for the past year, you know that the white sneaker trend has officially become a wardrobe staple. Whether you rock them with dresses or suits, jeans or joggers they look great and add an extra bit of cool to your look. This season though, the white footwear trend has been elevated to a new level. While the casual sneaker remains a staple, many designers such as The Row, Balenciaga and Marc Jacobs all sent fabulous white boots and shoes down the runway during their Fall/Winter 2017 shows. One of my favourite fashion mavens Celine Aagard even included a gorgeous pair of white shoes in her collection for Eurosko. This trend is showing no signs of slowing down as designers have also featured white footwear in their Spring 2018 presentations, most recently Rag and Bone during New York Fashion Week. Needless to say – I love this trend!
While white footwear is not for the timid, it is fun, playful and definitely makes a statement. My favourite is the white bootie and the white heeled shoe – both of which can be easily worn with many outfits. Here are some of my favourite white footwear from the Fall 2017 runways and Instagram:
All images from http://www.harpersbazzar.com, Instagram and Pinterest.
I hope that you have a fabulous day! XXS
Over the past few years the jade roller has become a popular tool in many peoples beauty arsenal. While they are often included in beauty flay lays posted to Instagram, and occasionally gets a shout out by beauty vloggers on Youtube, many people don’t realize that jade rollers are a fabulous addition to even the most simple of beauty routines.
The jade roller was a closely guarded beauty secret of Chinese Royalty for centuries. Aside from the beauty benefits, using a jade roller was also considered a spiritual act for dispelling bad energy and balancing your Chi (Vital life or energy force). Symptoms such as anxiety, fatigue and body pains are often considered indications of imbalanced Chi. Practices such as using a jade roller or acupuncture along with self care practices such as getting enough sleep, exercising and eating well can help to realign your Chi.
Aside from the holistic benefits of using a jade roller, there are also some great beauty benefits as well. The top three beauty benefits of using a Jade roller are:
- Brighten complexion
- Chase away fine lines
- Release tension that is held in the facial muscles resulting in a more relaxed and youthful complexion
Rolling the jade over your skin assists in lymphatic drainage, increases blood circulation and helps to diminish fine lines. It also helps your products to penetrate more deeply into your skin. An added bonus of using a jade roller it is great in helping to relieving puffiness after a late night – keep it in the refrigerator to increase the cooling sensation.
How to use a jade roller:
- Cleanse and apply your serum and/or your moisturizer as your normally would
- Starting at the neck, roll the jade roller in an upwards motion in long strokes
- Complete rolling the jade roller over your entire face and neck in an upward motion
- Use the smaller roller to massage the under eye area to help to alleviate any puffiness that you may be experiencing
- Wipe the roller clean with a damp towel
- Enjoy a brighter more youthful complexion!
You don’t need to spend a lot of money on a jade roller to get the benefits of it – I purchased mine from Amazon for $8.00 . Please note that the colour of the jade will vary from roller to roller – this is just due to different colours of the stone and does influence the effectiveness of the roller. Here are a few jade roller options in so that you can shop this post:
Jade Rollers on Amazon
Jade Rollers from Herbivore Botanicals
Jade Rollers on Etsy
The Stone Massage Company
I hope that you have a beautiful day! XXS
Today’s Inspiring Interior is a design dream. Designed by the architecture and interior design firm Conran + Partners, this London home is a perfect lesson in timeless chic. The muted colour palette compliments the brightly coloured furniture that has been strategically placed around the home. I especially love the grey stone table and gorgeous green chairs in the kitchen.
If this was my home I would make a few minor changes with the artwork and some of the lighting but overall I really love the design of this home. It is elegant and timeless contemporary design at its finest.
I hope that you have a beautiful day! XXS❤️
All images from http://www.conranandpartners.com
Growing up I hated honey and would avoid it at all costs. When I started to clean up my diet a few years ago, I read an article about the benefits of raw honey and decided to try it out in the hopes that I would like it better then the processed stuff that I had hated. It was love at first taste! I don’t know if it’s because my tastes have changed as I have gotten older or if it really does taste that much better, but raw honey has become a staple in my pantry. I really don’t know how I ever lived without it!
For those of you who are unfamiliar with raw honey here is a quick overview:
- Raw honey is not filtered or pasteurized
- Raw honey is opaque rather then clear commercial honey
- It is immediately taken from the cells of the honey comb
- Raw honey is free from additives
Here are my top 5 reasons to include raw honey in my diet:
- Raw honey contains bee pollen which helps to provide natural allergy relief, boost your immunity and helps to ward off infections.
- If you struggle with insomnia then you may want to try having a bit of raw honey before bedtime. A known sleep promoter, raw honey helps to restock the glycogen in the liver which helps you to stay asleep during the night. Try stirring it into some golden milk for a comforting bedtime beverage. Get my recipe here
- I always reach for raw honey when I feel a cold coming on. It is well known as a natural cough syrup and it can also help to reduce mucus secretion
- Raw honey is an antioxidant superhero. It helps to block free radicals in the body which can cause disease
- Natural energy source – if you are struggling through a work out, consider having a bit of raw honey to give you a boost. It’s 80% natural sugar, which will help you to power through that workout with ease
Raw honey loses it’s beneficial properties as it is heated so it is best used incorporated into dishes and drinks after it has been removed from heat. It is important to note that raw honey is still a source of sugar so do not go overboard when using it!
I hope that you have a beautiful day! XXS
This blog post is for information purposes only, and does not constitute medical advice. It is not intended to serve as a substitute for a consultation or medical treatment from a qualified physician or healthcare practitioner.