Growing up I hated honey and would avoid it at all costs. When I started to clean up my diet a few years ago, I read an article about the benefits of raw honey and decided to try it out in the hopes that I would like it better then the processed stuff that I had hated. It was love at first taste! I don’t know if it’s because my tastes have changed as I have gotten older or if it really does taste that much better, but raw honey has become a staple in my pantry. I really don’t know how I ever lived without it!
For those of you who are unfamiliar with raw honey here is a quick overview:
- Raw honey is not filtered or pasteurized
- Raw honey is opaque rather then clear commercial honey
- It is immediately taken from the cells of the honey comb
- Raw honey is free from additives
Here are my top 5 reasons to include raw honey in my diet:
- Raw honey contains bee pollen which helps to provide natural allergy relief, boost your immunity and helps to ward off infections.
- If you struggle with insomnia then you may want to try having a bit of raw honey before bedtime. A known sleep promoter, raw honey helps to restock the glycogen in the liver which helps you to stay asleep during the night. Try stirring it into some golden milk for a comforting bedtime beverage. Get my recipe here
- I always reach for raw honey when I feel a cold coming on. It is well known as a natural cough syrup and it can also help to reduce mucus secretion
- Raw honey is an antioxidant superhero. It helps to block free radicals in the body which can cause disease
- Natural energy source – if you are struggling through a work out, consider having a bit of raw honey to give you a boost. It’s 80% natural sugar, which will help you to power through that workout with ease
Raw honey loses it’s beneficial properties as it is heated so it is best used incorporated into dishes and drinks after it has been removed from heat. It is important to note that raw honey is still a source of sugar so do not go overboard when using it!
I hope that you have a beautiful day! XXS
This blog post is for information purposes only, and does not constitute medical advice. It is not intended to serve as a substitute for a consultation or medical treatment from a qualified physician or healthcare practitioner.
Happy August Everyone!
The past two months have zipped by, and it’s hard to believe that we are already halfway through the summer! I realize that we are already a week into August but I was having a difficult time putting together my mood board for the month as I entered August under a bit of a dark cloud. I had finally decided to re-evaluate a toxic relationship in my life that I had let fester for far to long. I took it upon myself to reach out and be completely honest about how I was feeling. I thought that I was heard, and I was hopeful that things would change for the better. I gave the person some space to think about our conversation, quietly hopeful to enter a new chapter in our relationship. Unfortunately despite trying to reach out to this person I was met with resounding silence. Rather then being treated with respect, I was ignored and put off as if my concerns and issues were not valid. While I am generally a pretty easy going person who hates confrontation, I was left with no choice – either I could accept being treated as an after thought who’s feelings didn’t matter, or I could cut the cord. That’s when, while scrolling through Instagram I saw the words of wisdom that I posted above “do not look for healing at the feet of those who broke you – Rupi Kuar”. And I knew what I had to do. So while I am sad that things didn’t work out, I am grateful for the opportunity to move forward without any regrets. I can honestly say that I tried my best to salvage what could have been, but I couldn’t do it alone. And now I have to move on. So for the month of August, I will be enjoying my freedom from finally being out from under a dark cloud. I will be healing any residual wounds I may still carry and taking some time to live in the moment and breathe, all the while rocking some of my favourite warm weather fashion. My mood board for August reflects all of these goals – enjoy!
Images from Instagram (@thegoodquote, @wellnesswithkenzie) and Pinterest
I hope that you have a beautiful and sunny day! XXS❤️
When I first saw pictures of today’s Inspiring Interior I was speechless. It checked off all of the boxes of things that I love in interiors. Lots of natural light? ✔️ Raw textures? ✔️ Minimalist and sophisticated? ✔️
Located in Antwerp Belgium, this renovated listed home was originally built in the 1800’s. The designer Nicolas Schuybroek and his team were given the task of turning this home into a modern oasis and they did a phenomenal job! Raw textures such as wood beams, marble and chevron floors perfectly compliment and balance the mid century furniture throughout the home. Keeping things simple yet sophisticated, Mr. Schuybroek and his team successfully created a light filled and timeless home from a space that had previously been dark, dreary and dated. Love it! I will be keeping pictures of this home on my vision board for years to come!
All images from http://www.ns-architects.com
I hope that you have a beautiful day! XXS❤️
There seems to be a myth that clean beauty is not as effective or as powerful as regular (read: Toxin filled) beauty products. While that may be true with some products, the Juice Beauty Green Apple Full Strength Peel is not one of them. This is the the best clean beauty product that I have ever tried.Peels and sheet masks are two of my favourite skin care products, so my expectations are quite high when I am trying a new product. I first discovered the Green Apple Peel during a routine visit to Sephora last year. I was not familiar with the product and hadn’t read any of the reviews, but I was swayed by the information on the box and decided to give it a try. That night after washing my face, I carefully applied the peel according to the directions on the box and waited for it to work it’s magic. There was a bit of tingling but nothing crazy, then nothing. 10 minutes later, I washed off the peel to reveal fresh, soft glowing skin – I was hooked. There was a bit of redness which disappeared by the next morning, but the glow remained. I am a beauty junkie and it is rare for me to repurchase a product but, I am currently on my third jar of this stuff and I see no reason to switch it out of my weekly skin care regimen. It is fabulous!
So here are the details:
This peel is designed for all skin types (with the exception of people with sensitive skin or rosacea). It helps to even out skin tone by fading dark spots, uneven skin tone and it also helps to refine the texture of the skin. This peel also helps to blur the appearance of fine line and fights free radical damage on the skin. The superstar ingredients in this peel include apple juice and resveratrol both of which are rich in vitamins and contain powerful antioxidants, lemon to help to clarify and improve the skin tone and aloe leaf juice to improve the hydration and the natural moisture content within the skin.
As with all Juice Beauty product, every effort has been made to keep this product as clean as possible. This peel is free of parabans, petroleum, propylene, butylene glycol, sodium lauryl, sulfates, pesticides, phthalates, artificial dyes or synthetic fragrances. It has also not been tested on animals.
- It is a very effective exfoliator
- The texture is smooth and not so sticky
- It has a fresh lemon scent
- Washes off easily with a wash cloth
- Price – the first jar of this that I purchased was $45 but it now retails for $60 at Sephora. I love this product which is why I continue to repurchase it, but the price increase does bother me
- The package design is kind of boring. Superficial I know but the former fashion girl in me wishes that it had a sleeker look.
- It is a strong exfoliator (which is what I love about it) so if you have sensitive skin this is not the right product for you
Overall I would rate this product a 4.7/5
I love the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel and it is hands down one of my favourite skincare products. I have been using it for nearly a year and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in trying an effective clean beauty product.
I hope that you have a beautiful day! XXS