Over the past few years the jade roller has become a popular tool in many peoples beauty arsenal. While they are often included in beauty flay lays posted to Instagram, and occasionally gets a shout out by beauty vloggers on Youtube, many people don’t realize that jade rollers are a fabulous addition to even the most simple of beauty routines.
The jade roller was a closely guarded beauty secret of Chinese Royalty for centuries. Aside from the beauty benefits, using a jade roller was also considered a spiritual act for dispelling bad energy and balancing your Chi (Vital life or energy force). Symptoms such as anxiety, fatigue and body pains are often considered indications of imbalanced Chi. Practices such as using a jade roller or acupuncture along with self care practices such as getting enough sleep, exercising and eating well can help to realign your Chi.
Aside from the holistic benefits of using a jade roller, there are also some great beauty benefits as well. The top three beauty benefits of using a Jade roller are:
- Brighten complexion
- Chase away fine lines
- Release tension that is held in the facial muscles resulting in a more relaxed and youthful complexion
Rolling the jade over your skin assists in lymphatic drainage, increases blood circulation and helps to diminish fine lines. It also helps your products to penetrate more deeply into your skin. An added bonus of using a jade roller it is great in helping to relieving puffiness after a late night – keep it in the refrigerator to increase the cooling sensation.
How to use a jade roller:
- Cleanse and apply your serum and/or your moisturizer as your normally would
- Starting at the neck, roll the jade roller in an upwards motion in long strokes
- Complete rolling the jade roller over your entire face and neck in an upward motion
- Use the smaller roller to massage the under eye area to help to alleviate any puffiness that you may be experiencing
- Wipe the roller clean with a damp towel
- Enjoy a brighter more youthful complexion!
You don’t need to spend a lot of money on a jade roller to get the benefits of it – I purchased mine from Amazon for $8.00 . Please note that the colour of the jade will vary from roller to roller – this is just due to different colours of the stone and does influence the effectiveness of the roller. Here are a few jade roller options in so that you can shop this post:
Jade Rollers on Amazon
Jade Rollers from Herbivore Botanicals
Jade Rollers on Etsy
The Stone Massage Company
I hope that you have a beautiful day! XXS
I love beauty DIY’s and homemade masks are no exception. Not only is making your own masks cost effective, but masks that you create at home are more natural and safer for both your skin and your overall health. This honey and papaya mask is one of my favourites and it is very easy to make. You probably already have most of the ingredients in your kitchen. There are many different versions of this mask online, but after trying a bunch of them I came up with this one using my favourite ingredients. I have been hooked on it ever since! Just ten minutes will help to leave your skin happy, hydrated and glowing. Like with all beauty regimens, consistency is key so try using this mask once a week for long term results.
Some of the benefits of the ingredients in this mask include:
Papaya – this beta carotene rich fruit is filled with powerful enzymes that help to combat free radicals on the skins surface. The alpha hydroxy acids in papaya help to dissolve dead skin cells by acting as a mild exfoliator.
Lemon – this natural astringent helps to tighten pores and lighten acne scarring.
Raw honey – is extremely hydrating which is perfect for the drying cooler temps
Turmeric – helps to tone the skin and is anti aging as it fights free radicals on the surface of the skin.
3 teaspoons of fresh papaya
1 teaspoon of raw or manuka honey
1/2 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon of turmeric
Mash the turmeric with the back of a fork and combine it with the remainder of the ingredients.
Apply to clean skin with a brush. Turmeric can stain the skin so applying it with your fingers may result in yellow nails and fingers.
After 10 – 15 minutes gently remove the mask with warm water and a wash cloth. Continue with the remainder of your skin care regimen.
- It is best to use this face mask at night as some of the ingredients can increase skin sensitivity. Make sure that you use sunscreen during the day to help protect your skin.
- For people with sensitive skin, it is best to do a skin test first to ensure that your skin doesn’t react to this face mask.
- You can use this mask all over your body including your neck and legs.
- Refrigerate any leftovers and use it within two days.
- Some people may find that the turmeric has lightly stained their skin (this really depends on your skin tone), cleansing your face should help to remove the colour.
I hope that you have a beautiful day! XXS