I love beauty DIY’s and homemade masks are no exception. Not only is making your own masks cost effective, but masks that you create at home are more natural and safer for both your skin and your overall health. This honey and papaya mask is one of my favourites and it is very easy to make. You probably already have most of the ingredients in your kitchen. There are many different versions of this mask online, but after trying a bunch of them I came up with this one using my favourite ingredients. I have been hooked on it ever since! Just ten minutes will help to leave your skin happy, hydrated and glowing. Like with all beauty regimens, consistency is key so try using this mask once a week for long term results.
Some of the benefits of the ingredients in this mask include:
Papaya – this beta carotene rich fruit is filled with powerful enzymes that help to combat free radicals on the skins surface. The alpha hydroxy acids in papaya help to dissolve dead skin cells by acting as a mild exfoliator.
Lemon – this natural astringent helps to tighten pores and lighten acne scarring.
Raw honey – is extremely hydrating which is perfect for the drying cooler temps
Turmeric – helps to tone the skin and is anti aging as it fights free radicals on the surface of the skin.
3 teaspoons of fresh papaya
1 teaspoon of raw or manuka honey
1/2 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon of turmeric
Mash the turmeric with the back of a fork and combine it with the remainder of the ingredients.
Apply to clean skin with a brush. Turmeric can stain the skin so applying it with your fingers may result in yellow nails and fingers.
After 10 – 15 minutes gently remove the mask with warm water and a wash cloth. Continue with the remainder of your skin care regimen.
- It is best to use this face mask at night as some of the ingredients can increase skin sensitivity. Make sure that you use sunscreen during the day to help protect your skin.
- For people with sensitive skin, it is best to do a skin test first to ensure that your skin doesn’t react to this face mask.
- You can use this mask all over your body including your neck and legs.
- Refrigerate any leftovers and use it within two days.
- Some people may find that the turmeric has lightly stained their skin (this really depends on your skin tone), cleansing your face should help to remove the colour.
I hope that you have a beautiful day! XXS